Congress 2024 - workers.coop session

Are we doing anything at Congress this year?
I assume Coops UK will give us a slot again?

If there are no proposals or ideas for this already, in the spirit of last year could we invite YCN - if they don’t have their own youth slot - to take over our slot in a joint youth-led / workers.coop event about young people and worker co-operation?

Or a session on wider engagement, inviting general delegates to tell us how we as workers.coop could engage better to let people know about worker co-operation in their sectors / regions / areas of expertise ?

Just making it up as I go along … to get the ball rolling.

Not much capacity to organise anything right now but wanted us to get a marker down to do something at the minimum. We got a great turnout last year.

1 Like

Their Youth Summitt is happening at the same time so I did mention we’d be happy to help with any sessions at that part of the Conference. But no-one got in touch with me and I moved onto other priorities. So if there is interest, do reach out to them.

So, do we have a slot?

Does anyone else have thoughts on either this slot or liaising with YCN
@rossh @Buncey etc?

No, like i said, I asked if they wanted us to be involved and no-one came back with a “yes” and I never chased it beyond that initial ask. So by all mean contact their events team.

by ‘they’ do you mean YCN … or Coops UK?

Coops UK as it’s their event not sure what role YCN has in it.

Is it too late to ask CUK to have a workers.coop -led session?
If we can cobble something together?

We get a free place at Congress on that day if we do if we’re involved - which is gold dust to some of us!

1 Like