Add your voice to our response to Governement

Workers.coop and Co-operatives UK have been working together on a response to a Government consultation on the Taxation of Employee Ownership Trusts and Employee Benefit Trusts.

Our shared response is here (74.4 KB) written so you don’t have to. But the more worker co-ops that respond directly the greater our voice.

TDLR: Employee Owned Businesses get a tax benefit worker co-ops don’t get and we are asking for it to be extended to worker co-operative societies as well.

Action you can take

1. Download (and read!) workers.coop and Co-operatives UK response here

2. Attach and Email this response to: asres.consult@hmrc.gov.uk by 11.00 pm on 25 September. Add your support in the email by saying something like:

“[your co-op] is a worker co-operative business registered in the UK and we fully support the response of workers.coop the federation of worker co-ops and Co-operatives UK attached to this email.”

7 Likes

I have emailed on behalf of Essential Trading!

All the best,

Lee
(Public Relations and Digital Marketing)

4 Likes

I have emailed sharing Leading Lives support on this, thanks

3 Likes

John can any worker co-op sign onto this? We aren’t technically a worker co-op society ie not registered with FCA

I’ve emailed on behalf of Greencity. Cheers
Scott

2 Likes

I have emailed on behalf of Birmingham Bike Foundry.

2 Likes

We’ve emailed them from Common Knowledge. We are also not technically a FCA registered cooperative society, but eh. We are coop by the ICA definition and the lived reality of it all!

1 Like

By all means show your support, but ask is only for Co-operative Societies not Companies,(less complex ask).

Have emailed from Suma. I would generally say the more people email the better, it’d be better they get more coops emailing, that might not quite fit the brief, than we accidentally send less support.

3 Likes

I’ve done this for Stir to Action.

2 Likes

Ok, I have sent an email from us stating that we are a co-operative but not a COWC and so are showing our support as part of the WCF.

2 Likes